Digital stores are the stores of the future
The Digital Store: Transforming Retail in 10 Simple Steps
Transform your Store to Provide an Incomparable New Shopping Experience
Digital stores are the stores of the future. This is because these days, with both fierce competition from e-commerce and customers with more options and expectations than ever before, nothing should be left to chance. Because a positive visit to a store becomes an experience that leaves a long-lasting impression.
Whilst store design and a customer-centric experience remain crucial, brands need to invest in technology to ensure stores can meet modern consumer’s expectations.
As more and more brands are competing for the shopping budget of fewer and fewer customers, the intention is to create customer loyalty towards the brand. To this end, the digitisation of stores creates a more seamless shopping experience and bridges the gap between online and offline shopping.
Here’s what you have to do as a retailer to strategically set up your stores for digitalisation.
The 10 Steps to Building the Digital Store
Selected merchandise on the sales floor. High level of customer service. Digital-enabled store.
1) Lay the foundation for real-time article accuracy with RFID-based labelling
2) Accelerate the process of goods-inbound: delivery notifications, preparation on the sales floor, check-in of merchandise even if the boxes are still unopened, bring merchandise faster to the sales floor
3) Make use of effortless permanent inventory monitoring for a complete item transparency
4) Transform your sales personnel into more competent shopping consultants equipped with tablets and unburden them from administrative tasks
5) Set the stage for your brand through pure and spacious merchandise presentation with only a few items on the sales floor
6) Automate and speed up the replenishment process
7) Set up an early notification system to prevent out-of-stock situations
8) Retain the customers in the store by ensuring that they have access to real-time availability information
9) Ensure that you have an efficient click & collect system in place
10) Optimise the flow of merchandise from the central warehouse as well as between individual stores
Complicated, Expensive and Time-Consuming? Think Again
The Detego InStore software brings all of this together in an out-of-the-box solution, providing an easy and cost-effective fast track to the digital store. It does so by utilising item-level RFID tagging combined with the Internet of Things (IoT), digitising store inventory via a mobile application.
By doing this the store knows exactly what merchandise they have, and more specifically what is in the backroom and on the sales floor. This increases inventory accuracy, on-floor availability and dramatically improves store efficiency. Additionally, as the Detego platform is built to fully integrate with existing tech like ERP systems, this real-time stock visibility can easily be made available to the customer including online stock enquiries, click and collect and click and reserve.
Advantages of a Digital Store
Benefits for the store
- Real-time control over inventory and more efficient replenishment
- Greater inventory accuracy
- Quicker reordering
- Reduction in reserve stock
- Increase in staff efficiency
- Increased sales
Benefits for the customer
- Reduces out-of-stocks, reduces disappointment
- Able to get accurate information on stock levels both online and in-store
- Convenient omnichannel features like click-and-collect
- Staff have more time and more information to assist customers with